2. Take your camera with you when you’re looking for prom gowns or suits/tuxedos. Take photos of both the worst choices and those that nearly became “the one” you chose for your first item of adult evening wear.
3. Document the hours before the ball begins, while you are getting ready. Take pictures of how your hair is getting done, how you get dressed, and for girls - photos of how your make up looks when it´s finished. How about a „Before/After“ shoot?
4. The prom night is a very special night, one that you’ll want to remember you’re the rest of your life. It’s a day for pampering and prepping and it’s always a cool idea to ask a few friends, if they would like to share a limousine with you. It makes a good impression when you arrive and it makes a great backdrop for photos to put into your prom night photo book.
5. Take close up’s of the flowers on his jacket, on her wrist or in her hair. Shoot the beautiful shoes you’re going to be wearing. You can use these kinds of pictures for a background or for a double-page spread.
6. Consider hiring a professional photographer to take professional portraits of you and your date and friends. Don´t just take „serious and adult looking“ photos. Take funny and happy photos of you making silly faces at the camera as well!